Chủ đề: Education – Từ vựng IETLS Vocabulary
Education là chủ đề cực kỳ phổ biến trong IELTS WRITING & SPEAKING. Việc học từ vựng, bao gồm các cụm collocation, vocabulary phrases cho chủ đề này cực kỳ quan trọng để các bạn tự tin bước vào phòng thi.
1. Các câu hỏi IELTS Writing Task 2 thường gặp trong chủ đề Education
Chủ đề Education tương đối rộng, vì thế chúng ta có thể tách thành các sub-topics nhỏ như sau:
Sub-topic 01: Formal Schooling / Curriculum / Subjects / Skills
- Some people say that subjects like arts, music, drama and creative writing are more beneficial to children and therefore they need more of these subjects to be included in the timetable. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think secondary school students should study international news as one of their subjects. Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think that university students should specialize in one subject, while others think universities should encourage students to learn a range of subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think students should learn more practical courses like computer, but others think they should learn more about theoretical courses like geography and mathematics. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some education systems make students focus on certain subjects at the age of 15, while others require students to study a wide range of subjects until they leave school. What are the benefits of each system? Which one is better?
- People say that it is a waste of time for high school students to learn literature such as novels and poems. Do you agree or disagree?
Sub-topic 02: Access to education
- Poor students or students who come from rural areas often find it is difficult to get access to the university education, so some people think universities should make it easier for them to study at. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that universities should offer places for young students with the highest marks. Some say that universities should offer places for people of any ages even if they do not well at school. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people believe that everyone has a right to a university education and that governments should make it free for all students no matter what their financial background. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In countries where the unemployment rates are high, most pupils should be offered only primary education; there is no point in offering secondary education to those who will have no hope of finding jobs. Do you agree or disagree?
Sub-topic 03: The role of education & training
- Some people think that students should go to college for further education. However, some others claim that students should go to learn the skills such as fixing cars or construction. What is your opinion?
- Not enough students choose science subjects in universities in many countries. What are the reasons and what are the effects to the society?
- Everyone should stay in school until the age of eighteen. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through experience. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think the main purpose of education is to make individuals useful to society; others say education helps them to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Sub-topic 04: Educational methods
- Some teachers say students should be organized into groups to study. Others argue students should be made to study alone. Tell the benefits of each study method. Which one do you think is more effective?
- Nowadays sending children to boarding school (either in other countries or in their own countries) is becoming increasingly popular. Why is it? Is it a positive development?
- Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality, high school students are encouraged to make comments or even criticism on their teachers. Others think it will lead to loss of respect and discipline in the classroom. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Some people think that computers and the Internet are more important for a child’s education than going to school. But others believe that schools and teachers are essential for children to learn effectively. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Many young people who leave school hold a negative attitude towards learning. Why does this happen? What are the solutions?
- Some people think that a person improves intellectual skills better when doing group activities. To what extent do you agree?
- Some people think that children should be home schooled when they are very young while others think it is better for them to attend a kindergarten. Which do you think is better?
- Some people believe that exams are an inappropriate way of measuring students’ performance and should be replaced by continuous assessment. Do you agree or disagree with this view?
- Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
- Many people use distance-learning programs to study at home, but some people think that it cannot bring the benefit as much as attending college or university. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people believe that children should do organized activities in their free time while others believe that children should be free to do what they want to do their free time.
- Pressure on the school and university students is increasing and students are pushed to hard work when they are young. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
2. Học từ vựng cần thiết mà có thể dùng cho mọi đề IELTS chủ đề Education
Vì chủ đề Education quá rộng, IPPEdu tổng hợp các khía cạnh phổ biến nhất trong chủ đề này để giúp các bạn có cái nhìn tổng quan về từ vựng.
- pursue education without worrying about financial burdens (không lo lắng về gánh nặng kinh tế)
- be exempted school fees (miễn trừ học phí)
- be given equal opportunities to succeed in life (tiếp cận cơ hội công bằng để thành công)
- higher literacy rates (đảm bảo tỷ lệ biết chữ cao)
- higher school enrolment rates (tăng tỷ lệ nhập học)
- be integral to improved social equality (đảm bảo công bằng xã hội) >< a burden on the state budget (gây ra gánh nặng cho ngân sách nhà nước)
- lack of funding to improve teaching facilities (thiếu hụt vốn để phát triển cơ sở vật chất giảng dạy)
- a reduction in educational quality (giảm chất lượng giáo dục)
- a rise in dropout rates (tăng tỷ lệ bỏ học)
- not appreciate the importance of education (không coi trọng tầm quan trọng của giáo dục)
- lack a sense of commitment to study (thiếu tinh thần cam kết với việc học)
[access to higher education]
- young students with the highest scores = young academically competent students (học sinh giỏi thành tích cao)
- reflect one’s knowledge levels and study skill & strong will (việc học giỏi thể hiện năng lực học và kiến thức của học sinh)
- poorly-performed students tend to lack learner autonomy & self-motivation & commitment to learning (học sinh kém thường thiếu khả năng tự học, động lực, và cam kết với việc học)
- access to higher education for all groups of learners (ai cũng có quyền đi học đại học)
- school performance not be the only criteria (thành tích học tập không phải là duy nhất)
- consider relevant work experience to demonstrate their knowledge and skills (cần xem xét kinh nghiệm làm việc tương thích để thể hiện kiến thức và kỹ năng)
- have much to offer in terms of insight & perspective (có nhiều kiến thức chuyên môn và góc nhìn)
- lifelong learning through access to further education (tinh thần yêu việc học) → more equal job opportunities & a more productive society (nhiều cơ hội việc làm công bằng cho mọi người, xây dựng xã hội năng suất hơn)
- streamline students based on their talent & academic records (phân nhóm học sinh dựa trên năng lực và điểm số)
- tailor lessons and classroom activities to students’ abilities (điều chỉnh bài học và hoạt động để phù hợp với học sinh)
- meet students’ needs (đáp ứng nhu cầu của học sinh)
- optimize students’ performance (tối đa trải nghiệm và tiến bộ) >< a diverse class = a mixed-ability class (lớp trộn nhiều levels học sinh)
- peer support (trợ giúp từ bạn bè)
- encourage independence from teachers (học độc lập với giáo viên)
- reinforce knowledge through the reiteration of the lessons to peers (củng cố kiến thức thông qua việc giảng lại bài trên lớp cho bạn yếu hơn)
- create a diverse environment for different groups of students (tạo môi trường đa dạng cho nhiều nhóm học sinh khác nhau)
- gain wider perspectives (có đa dạng góc nhìn)
- receive peer support (nhận trợ giúp từ bạn)
- foster critical thinking (phát triển tư duy phản biện)
- see issues from different angles (nhìn vấn đề từ nhiều góc độ khác nhau) >< not suit students with a fast learning pace (không phù hợp với học sinh giỏi học nhanh)
- be held back (bị kéo chậm lại tiến độ)
- study at their own pace (học theo tiến độ năng lực)
- study in an active and self-motivated manner (học với tinh thần năng động và tự giác)
- self-manage learning schedule (tự quản lý lịch học)
- maximize educational outcomes (tối đa kết quả học tập)
- achieve individual targets (đạt đầu ra mong muốn)
- self-directed learning (tự sắp xếp việc học)
- foster learner autonomy (phát huy tinh thần tự học)
- control over their learning pace (kiểm soát tốc độ học)
- work independently (học độc lập)
- foster crucial skills (phát triển các kỹ năng cần thiết)
- overcome obstacles themselves (tự lực vượt qua khó khăn)
3. Đoạn văn mẫu cho chủ đề IELTS: Education
TOPIC: Some people believe that children should begin formal learning at school as young as possible. However, others feel that children should not begin school until they are at least seven years old. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
THESIS STATEMENT OF THE ESSAY
While some advocate learning through play until the age of seven, I am more convinced that the earlier children go to school, the more beneficial it would be to their cognitive development and to their parents.
FLOW OF IDEAS
[early schooling / kindergarten] stand a better chance of developing skills and socially accepted behavior critical to their development; optimal for busy parents in this increasingly competitive world → given less parental leave >< exert themselves to advance in their career → children are taken care of by professionally trained caregivers → fully support busy parents; adapt to various learning environments when entering primary school
BODY PARAGRAPH 02
On the other hand, I believe that going to school early is much more beneficial. [benefit 01] Firstly, going to school at an early age, itself a microcosm of society, children stand a better chance of developing skills and socially accepted behavior critical to their development, ranging from communication and teamwork skills, a sense of discipline, to social responsibility. [benefit 02] Secondly, sending children to school earlier is optimal for busy parents in this increasingly competitive world, as they are given less parental leave yet compelled to exert themselves to advance in their career. Hence, it is not only practical but wise for children to be taken care of by professionally trained caregivers in order to fully support busy parents.
Các bạn lưu lại bài viết để tham khảo và học thật tốt IELTS Vocabulary nhé!
Hãy ghé IPPEdu ngay để có cơ hội được học trực tiếp với các giáo viên IELTS 8.0+ giúp mở rộng vốn từ vựng của mình nha! Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!