Describe the first day you went to school that you remember – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
IELTS Speaking vẫn luôn là phần thi khiến nhiều thí sinh cảm thấy lo lắng và bối rối bởi những câu hỏi có thể bạn chưa từng gặp mà giám khảo đưa ra. Vì vậy để có thể giúp các bạn chuẩn bị tốt phần thi này, IPPEdu sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn một số bài mẫu hướng dẫn cụ thể về cách trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2&3 đồng thời giới thiệu một số từ vựng hữu ích của chủ đề Describe the first day you went to school that you remember – một chủ đề không thể thiếu nằm trong bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking 2023 Quý 3.
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe the first day you went to school that you remember
TOPIC: Describe the first day you went to school that you remember.
You should say
- where the school was
- what happened that day
- how you felt about the experience
and explain why you still remember the experience
SAMPLE & IDEAS
I still vividly remember my first day of school. I was a little nervous but also excited to start this new chapter in my life.
[how] I woke up early, put on my new clothes, and headed to the school with my parents. As soon as I entered the school premises, I felt a mix of emotions – excitement, curiosity, and a bit of fear. The classroom was bright and colorful, with posters and charts on the walls. The teacher was friendly and welcomed me with a warm smile. She introduced me to the other students who were all eager to make new friends. Throughout the day, we did fun activities like drawing, singing, and playing games. It was a great start to my school life, and I knew I was going to enjoy it here.
[feeling] Looking back, that day was a significant moment in my life. It marked the beginning of my journey towards knowledge and learning. As the saying goes, “Every journey begins with a single step,” and that day was the first step of my educational journey. I am grateful for that experience, and it has taught me to be brave, curious, and open-minded.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe the first day you went to school that you remember
- start this new chapter: bắt đầu một chương mới
- head to the school: đến trường
- enter the school premises: bước vào khuôn viên trường học
- a mix of emotions: cảm xúc hỗn loạn
- welcome me with a warm smile: chào đón với một nụ cười ấm áp
- eager to make new friends: háo hức được kết bạn mới
- mark the beginning of my journey: đánh dấu một khởi đầu mới trong cuộc hành trình
- every journey begins with a single step: mỗi hành trình đều bắt đầu từ một bước chân
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Children & Schooling
Chủ đề Children & Schooling trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Children & Schooling.
Part 3 – Children & Schooling
- What would parents prepare for their kids when they first go to school?
- How do children socialise with each other?
- Is socialisation important for children?
- Do you think students should be taken to school by their parents or go by themselves?
- Should children rely on their parents or be independent?
- How can children become more independent?
- What is the effect if parents interfere with children’s life too much?
- How does changing school affect children?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Children & Schooling
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. What would parents prepare for their kids when they first go to school?
[Lead-in] Hmm, let’s say in an ideal world. Parents would know that one of the most crucial things to do is to ensure that their kids are emotionally ready by discussing what to expect and answering any questions they may have.
[Explain] Additionally, gathering the necessary supplies such as backpacks, lunchboxes, and stationery is essential. Parents should also establish a routine to help children adjust easily to school life. Lastly, ensuring their physical well-being by packing healthy snacks and encouraging regular sleep patterns will contribute to a successful start at school.
- establish a routine: thiết lập một lịch trình
- physical well-being: sức khỏe thể chất
- packing healthy snacks: đóng gói đồ ăn nhẹ lành mạnh
- encouraging regular sleep patterns: khuyến khích mô hình giấc ngủ đều đặn
2. How do children socialise with each other?
[Lead-in] Socialization is an essential aspect of a child’s development, enabling them to connect and interact with their peers.
[Explain] Children socialize with each other through various means such as playdates, school, extracurricular activities, and family gatherings. These interactions help them develop communication skills, learn empathy and cooperation, build friendships, and navigate social situations. Whether it’s engaging in imaginative play or participating in group activities, children’s socialization experiences contribute to their overall growth and well-being.
- overall growth and well-being: sự phát triển và sức khỏe tổng thể
3. Is socialisation important for children?
[Lead-in] In today’s fast-paced and technologically advanced world, socializing plays a crucial role in the development of children.
[Explain] Interaction with peers and adults helps them build essential social skills, such as communication, empathy, and cooperation. Engaging in social activities fosters emotional intelligence and enhances their ability to form meaningful relationships. Furthermore, socializing allows children to learn about different perspectives, cultures, and values, promoting tolerance and open-mindedness. It is imperative for parents and educators to encourage opportunities for socialization to ensure well-rounded growth and prepare children for a successful future in an interconnected society.
- fosters emotional intelligence: nuôi dưỡng trí tuệ cảm xúc
- well-rounded growth: phát triển toàn diện
- interconnected society: xã hội liên kết
4. Do you think students should be taken to school by their parents or go by themselves?
[Lead-in] Ensuring the safety and well-being of children on their journey to school is of utmost importance. While it is crucial for children to develop independence and responsibility, it is equally important for parents and guardians to exercise caution and discernment when deciding whether a child should be taken to school or allowed to go by themselves.
[Explain] Factors such as age, distance, traffic conditions, and the child’s readiness must be considered. Younger children may still require adult supervision due to their limited understanding of road safety. Older children who demonstrate maturity and awareness can be encouraged to travel independently, promoting their confidence and self-reliance.
- exercise caution and discernment: thận trọng và nhận thức rõ ràng
- adult supervision: sự giám sát của người lớn
5. Should children rely on their parents or be independent?
[Lead-in] The topic of whether children should be independent or taken care of by parents is a subject of ongoing debate.
[Explain] Ultimately, finding the right balance between independence and parental care depends on various factors such as cultural values, parenting styles, and individual circumstances. It is crucial for parents to assess their child’s maturity level and provide appropriate levels of support while gradually encouraging them to become more independent over time. For me, both fostering independence in children as well as providing proper care are essential elements in raising well-rounded individuals.
- subject of ongoing debate: chủ đề của cuộc tranh luận
- assess their child’s maturity level: đánh giá mức độ trưởng thành của con cái
6. How can children become more independent?
[Lead-in] There are various ways in which children can become more in dependent with the aid of parents
[Explain] By allowing children to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their actions will ultimately lead to their personal growth and success in the long run. Giving them the chance to experience different things in life can also help to promote independence in children and help them develop important life skills, problem-solving abilities, and self-confidence.
- make their own decisions: đưa ra quyết định riêng của mình
- take responsibility for: chịu trách nhiệm về
7. What is the effect if parents interfere with children’s life too much?
[Lead-in] When parents interfere excessively in their children’s lives, it can have detrimental consequences.
[Explain] Overprotectiveness and a lack of independence can hinder a child’s ability to make decisions, solve problems, and develop essential life skills. It may lead to low self-esteem and self-confidence as they are constantly reliant on their parents for guidance and validation. Additionally, excessive parental interference may strain the parent-child relationship, causing feelings of resentment or rebellion. Ultimately, children need space to learn and grow independently, with guidance rather than overbearing control from their parents.
- interfere excessively: can thiệp quá mức
- hinder a child’s ability: gây trở ngại cho khả năng của trẻ em
- low self-esteem: tự ti
- resentment or rebellion: sự hận thù hoặc nổi loạn
- overbearing control: kiểm soát quá mức
8. How does changing school affect children?
[Lead-in] Changing schools can have a significant impact on children.
[Explain] The effects may vary depending on various factors, including the child’s age and personality. Adjusting to a new school environment can be challenging for some children as they navigate unfamiliar surroundings and establish new friendships. Some common effects of changing schools include temporary setbacks in academic performance as the child adapts to different teaching styles and curriculum. Socialization may also be affected initially as children need time to build relationships with their peers. However, with proper support from parents and teachers, most children eventually overcome these challenges and settle into their new school environment successfully.
- navigate unfamiliar surroundings: điều hướng trong môi trường không quen thuộc.
- temporary setbacks in academic performance: những khó khăn tạm thời trong kết quả học tập
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary về chủ đề Describe the first day you went to school that you remember thuộc phần IELTS Speaking.
Hy vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu đã chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm đến từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+ để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Cuối cùng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, chúc bạn đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!