Describe something you did that made you feel proud – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
Hiểu được nỗi lo lắng của các thí sinh khi dự thi IELTS Speaking – một phần thi khá khó “nhằn” đối với nhiều bạn, lần này IPPEdu sẽ giúp bạn chủ đề Describe something you did that made you feel proud trong bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking 2023 Quý 3 – một chủ đề khá mới và được xuất hiện gần đây.
Trong bài viết này, IPPEdu sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn bài mẫu hướng dẫn cụ thể về cách trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2&3 chủ đề Describe something you did that made you feel proud, cũng như giới thiệu một số từ vựng hữu ích và ghi điểm cao trong phần thi này nhé!
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe something you did that made you feel proud
TOPIC: Describe something you did that made you feel proud.
You should say:
- what it was
- how you did it
- what difficulty you had and how you solved it
and explain why you felt proud of it.
SAMPLE & IDEAS
I would like to share with you a moment in my life that filled me with immense pride and satisfaction. It was when I completed a marathon for the first time.
[what] The marathon was a grueling 26.2 miles, and I had trained for months to prepare for it.
[how] Along the way, I had to overcome numerous obstacles, both physical and mental. But with each step, I felt my confidence grow, and my determination strengthened. As I crossed the finish line, I was overcome with a sense of accomplishment. It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and I felt like I could conquer the world. I used idioms like “on top of the world” and “floating on cloud nine” to describe my elation. Completing the marathon taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, and the importance of setting and achieving goals. It was a moment that I will always cherish and a reminder that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
[feeling] So, I always tell my friends and others after that that I urge you to embrace challenges, set your goals high, and never give up. Because when you achieve something that you’ve worked hard for, there’s no feeling quite like it.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe something you did that made you feel proud
- immense pride and satisfaction: niềm tự hào và sự hài lòng
- grueling 26.2 miles: 26.2 dặm vất vả
- a sense of accomplishment: cảm giác thành tựu
- a weight had been lifted off my shoulders: trút bỏ gánh nặng
- conquer the world: chinh phục thế giới
- “on top of the world“: cảm giác hạnh phúc, tuyệt vời, ngây ngất
- “floating on cloud nine“: cảm thấy vui vẻ, hài lòng
- describe my elation: diễn tả niềm hân hoan
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Goals
Chủ đề Goals trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Goals.
Part 3 – Goals
- Which is more important, personal goals or work goals?
- Have your life goals changed since your childhood?
- Does everyone set goals for themselves?
- What kinds of rewards are important at work?
- Do you think material rewards are more important than other rewards at work?
- What makes people feel proud of themselves?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Goals
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. Which is more important, personal goals or work goals?
[Lead-in] For me, personal goals hold a greater significance than work goals for its ability to bring internal joy for us.
[Explain] While work goals may provide professional growth and financial stability, personal goals encompass overall fulfillment and happiness. Personal goals allow individuals to prioritize their passions, relationships, and well-being. They encourage self-reflection, personal development, and a sense of purpose beyond the confines of the workplace. By focusing on personal goals, individuals can lead more balanced lives and find true fulfillment in all aspects of their existence.
- encompass overall fulfillment and happiness: bao gồm sự thoả mãn tổng thể và hạnh phúc
- sense of purpose beyond the confines of the workplace: mục tiêu vượt xa giới hạn của nơi làm việc
- find true fulfillment: tìm thấy sự thỏa mãn thực sự
2. Have your life goals changed since your childhood?
[Lead-in] Some major ambitions that I had I still keep them until now, but mostly all my life goals have changed
[Explain] I mean, as we grow up, our life goals naturally evolve due to various factors such as education, experiences, and societal influences. Childhood dreams often revolve around innocence and simplicity, but as we mature, our aspirations shift to align with personal growth, career ambitions, and societal expectations. The pursuit of stability, success, and fulfillment becomes paramount. While childhood goals may have been driven by imagination and curiosity, adulthood brings a sense of reality that reshapes our priorities. Ultimately, the changing nature of life goals reflects the dynamic nature of human development and the ever-evolving journey towards self-actualization.
- reshapes our priorities: thay đổi sự ưu tiên
- reflects the dynamic nature of human development: phản ánh tính đa dạng của quá trình phát triển con người
- ever-evolving journey towards self-actualization: hành trình không ngừng đổi mới về việc tự hiện thực hóa
3. Does everyone set goals for themselves?
[Lead-in] Setting goals is a powerful tool for personal and professional growth. However, not everyone embraces this practice for a variety of reasons.
[Explain] Firstly, some individuals may lack the knowledge or understanding of the benefits that goal setting can bring to their lives. Without this awareness, they may fail to see the value in investing time and effort into defining their goals. Secondly, fear of failure can also deter people from setting goals. The thought of not achieving their desired outcomes can be overwhelming and discouraging, leading individuals to avoid setting any goals altogether. Lastly, time constraints and competing priorities often lead individuals to overlook goal setting. With busy schedules and numerous responsibilities demanding their attention, it becomes challenging for some people to allocate sufficient time for introspection and goal planning.
- deter people from setting goals: ngăn cản người ta khỏi đặt mục tiêu
- time constraints: ràng buộc về thời gian
- allocate sufficient time for introspection and goal planning: dành đủ thời gian để tự soi xét bản thân và lập kế hoạch mục tiêu
4. What kinds of rewards are important at work?
[Lead-in] From my view, it is important to recognize that rewards extend beyond traditional monetary compensation.
[Explain] While financial incentives are certainly significant, there are other kinds of rewards that hold equal importance. These include positive feedback and recognition for a job well done, opportunities for professional growth and development, work-life balance and flexibility, a supportive and inclusive work environment, meaningful assignments that contribute to personal growth and job satisfaction, and finally, a sense of purpose and fulfillment derived from one’s work. By prioritizing these diverse rewards, organizations can create a more motivated and engaged workforce.
- traditional monetary compensation: bồi thường tiền tệ truyền thống
- financial incentives: khuyến khích tài chính
- work-life balance: cân bằng giữa công việc và cuộc sống
- inclusive work environment: môi trường công việc bao dung
5. Do you think material rewards are more important than other rewards at work?
[Lead-in] Considering today’s fast-paced and competitive world, the significance of non-material rewards often surpasses that of material ones.
[Explain] While material rewards such as money, gifts, and bonuses do provide temporary satisfaction, research has consistently shown that intrinsic rewards hold more long-term value. Emotional fulfillment, recognition, and personal growth are some examples of non-material rewards that have a profound impact on individuals. These intangible rewards ignite a sense of purpose and motivation within us, leading to higher job satisfaction and increased productivity.
Unlike material rewards which can feel fleeting or superficial, non-material rewards have the power to nourish our psychological well-being. They promote a positive work environment where individuals feel valued and appreciated for their efforts. Ultimately, it is the combination of both material and non-material rewards that create a holistic approach to motivation and fulfillment in our personal and professional lives.
- non-material rewards: phần thưởng phi vật chất
- emotional fulfillment: thỏa mãn về cảm xúc
- feel fleeting or superficial: cảm giác thoáng qua hoặc giả tạo
6. What makes people feel proud of themselves?
[Lead-in] For me, pride is a complex emotion that can stem from various achievements and qualities.
[Explain] People often feel proud of their accomplishments, such as academic or professional success, personal growth, or overcoming challenges. Additionally, individuals may take pride in their values and integrity, as well as their ability to be compassionate and help others. Recognition from peers and loved ones can also contribute to feelings of pride. Ultimately, what makes someone proud of themselves is highly individualistic and influenced by personal values, goals, and experiences.
- stem from various achievements and qualities: xuất phát từ những thành tựu và phẩm chất
- take pride in: tự hào về
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary về chủ đề Describe something you did that made you feel proud thuộc phần IELTS Speaking.
Hy vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu đã chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm đến từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+ để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Cuối cùng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, chúc bạn đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!