Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
Hiểu được nỗi lo lắng của các thí sinh khi dự thi IELTS Speaking – một phần thi khá khó “nhằn” đối với nhiều bạn, lần này IPPEdu sẽ giúp bạn chủ đề Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money trong bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking 2023 Quý 3.
Trong bài viết này, IPPEDU sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn bài mẫu hướng dẫn cụ thể về cách trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2&3 đề Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money và chủ đề Saving money, cũng như giới thiệu một số từ vựng hữu ích và ghi điểm cao trong phần thi này nhé!
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money
TOPIC: Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money.
You should say:
- what the gift is
- who you will give the gift to
- how long it will take to save the money
and explain why you would like to give the gift to this person.
SAMPLE & IDEAS
If I were to save up a considerable amount of money, there’s one gift that I would love to give someone special: a luxury vacation to an exotic destination.
[what] I can’t think of a better way to show someone how much they mean to me than by treating them to a once-in-a-lifetime travel experience. It’s like giving them the world on a platter, or rolling out the red carpet.
[why] The gift of travel is priceless, and it’s something that creates memories that last a lifetime. I would use idioms like “the trip of a lifetime” or “living the high life” to describe the experience. My dream is to take my loved one to a far-flung destination, where we can explore new cultures, taste exotic cuisines, and make unforgettable memories together. It’s a gift that’s not just about the destination, but about the journey of discovery and adventure.
[advice] So my encouragement for everyone is to consider the gift of travel. It’s a gift that shows how much you care, and it’s something that will be treasured for years to come.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money
- a luxury vacation to an exotic destination: kì nghỉ sang trọng đến địa điểm mới
- once-in-a-lifetime travel experience: chuyến du lịch một lần trong đời
- give them the world on a platter: mang cẩ thế giới đến trước mắt họ
- roll out the red carpet: chào đón một cách trịnh trọng
- the trip of a lifetime: chuyến đi trong đời
- living the high life: sống cuộc sống xa hoa
- a far-flung destination: điểm đến xa xôi
- taste exotic cuisines: thưởng thức những món ăn mới lạ
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Saving money
Chủ đề Saving money trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Saving money
Part 3 – Saving money
- What do young people like to save money for?
- Is it easy for people to save money to buy something expensive?
- Should children have pocket money? Why?
- Should children learn how to use money at school or from their parents?
- How do people save money?
- Why can’t some people save money?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Saving money
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. What do young people like to save money for?
[Lead-in] Young people today have a multitude of aspirations and financial goals that they strive to achieve.
[Explain] From saving up for their education and paying off student loans, to building an emergency fund, purchasing a car, or even investing in their first home – the list is endless. In addition, experiences like travel and adventures also play a significant role in the things young people save money for. Whether it’s exploring exotic destinations, attending music festivals or pursuing their passions, young individuals prioritize saving under various aspects of their lives. The increasing emphasis on financial literacy has empowered them to make more informed decisions about where they allocate their funds.
- a multitude of aspirations and financial goals: hoài bão và mục tiêu tài chính
- strive to achieve: nỗ lực để đạt được
- paying off student loans: trả nợ tiền học phí
- financial literacy: hiểu biết về tài chính
2. Is it easy for people to save money to buy something expensive?
[Lead-in] Well, for me, saving money to buy something expensive is easier than you may think. By adopting a few smart financial strategies, achieving your goal becomes attainable.
[Explain] Firstly, setting a clear budget and tracking your expenses diligently is crucial. Disciplining yourself to prioritize saving over unnecessary spending allows you to allocate more funds towards your desired purchase. Furthermore, minimizing impulse purchases and identifying areas in your daily routine where you can cut back on expenses are effective ways of accumulating savings faster. Additionally, exploring alternative purchasing options such as buying second-hand or waiting for sales can significantly reduce the overall cost of the item you desire. Lastly, by establishing specific savings goals and maintaining motivation throughout the process, you will find that saving money to buy something expensive doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With determination and wise financial choices, accomplishing your goal becomes wholly feasible.
- set a clear budget: đặt ra một ngân sách rõ ràng
- track your expenses diligently: theo dõi chi tiêu
- minimize impulse purchases: giảm thiểu việc mua sắm bất chấp
- cut back on expenses: cắt giảm các khoản chi tiêu
- a daunting task: nhiệm vụ khó khăn
3. Should children have pocket money? Why?
[Lead-in] Giving children pocket money is a crucial step towards teaching them financial literacy.
[Explain] It instills in them a sense of responsibility and helps them understand the value of money from an early age. By managing their own pocket money, children learn essential skills like budgeting and decision-making. Moreover, it fosters their independence as they learn to prioritize and make choices about how they spend or save their money. Pocket money allows children to gradually develop a healthy relationship with finances, setting them up for a more secure future.
4. Should children learn how to use money at school or from their parents?
[Lead-in] From my view, it is essential for children to learn how to use money from their parents.
[Explain] Teaching them early on can help develop financial literacy, responsibility, and independence. By understanding the value of money and how to manage it wisely, children can learn important life skills such as budgeting, saving, and making informed financial decisions. These lessons will set a solid foundation for their future financial success and help shape responsible behavior towards money. Giving children the opportunity to handle money responsibly at a young age prepares them for the financial challenges they’ll face in adulthood.
5. How do people save money?
[Lead-in] There are actually a variety of things people can do to save up a considerable amount
[Explain] From small lifestyle changes to smart financial decisions, individuals are taking various measures to tighten their budgets and protect their wallets. Cutting back on eating out and opting for home-cooked meals, using coupons and seeking out discounts, shopping during sales and buying in bulk are just a few examples of the many strategies people employ to save money. Additionally, individuals are exploring cost-effective alternatives such as DIY projects or swapping skills with others in order to reduce expenses. Ultimately, the creativity and resourcefulness demonstrated by individuals in their quest for frugality is commendable and serves as a testament to their determination to achieve financial stability.
- tighten their budgets: thắt chặt chi tiêu
- cutting back on eating out: hạn chế ăn ở ngoài
- home-cooked meals: tự nấu
- buying in bulk: mua với số lượng lớn
- quest for frugality: yêu cầu sự tiết kiệm
6. Does the climate affect what people wear?
[Lead-in] Saving money can be a challenge for many individuals due to various reasons.
[Explain] One common obstacle is excessive spending on non-essential items, such as dining out or impulse buys. Lack of budgeting and financial planning skills also contribute to the inability to save. Additionally, unexpected expenses like medical bills or car repairs can drain savings. High living costs and stagnant wages make it difficult for some to set aside money each month. Lastly, a lack of financial discipline and the temptation to indulge in instant gratification hinder the ability to save effectively.
- dining out: ăn tiệm, ăn ngoài
- impulse buys: mua sắm ngẫu hứng
- financial planning skills: kĩ năng lập kế hoạch tài chính
- high living costs: chi phí sinh hoạt cao
- stagnant wages: mức lương ổn định
- set aside money each month: để dành tiền cho mỗi tháng
- temptation to indulge in instant gratification: chi tiêu quá mức làm thỏa mãn tức thì
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary chủ đề Describe an expensive gift that you would like to give someone when you save a lot of money thuộc IELTS Speaking. Hi vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+, để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Hy vọng rằng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, bạn sẽ đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!