Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
Câu hỏi Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting nằm trong IELTS Speaking Part 2 cùng với chủ đề Time Management nằm trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 – là đề bài thường xuất hiện trong IELTS Speaking thuộc nhóm chủ đề Describe an event. Đây không phải là một chủ đề quá khó, tuy nhiên, để trả lời tốt chủ đề này, các bạn cần nắm rõ các từ vựng, cách phát triển ý tưởng sâu rộng và chính xác.
Trong bài viết này, IPPEDU sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn bài mẫu, vocabulary, và chiến thuật trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 cho chủ đề Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting và Time Management nhé!
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting
TOPIC: Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting
You should say:
- what happened
- when it happened
- why you missed/were late for it
and explain you felt about it.
SAMPLE & IDEAS
I would like to share with you a time when I missed a meeting.
[when] It was a few years ago when I was working on a project with a team of colleagues. We had an important meeting scheduled, and I was in charge of presenting our progress report.
[how] On the day of the meeting, I woke up feeling unwell, but I didn’t want to cancel the meeting or let my team down. I decided to push through and attend the meeting. However, I ended up push through traffic due to an accident on the road, and I arrived at the meeting an hour late. By the time I arrived, the meeting was already in full swing, and my colleagues had started the presentation without me. I felt embarrassed and frustrated at myself for missing such an important meeting. I apologized to my team and tried my best to catch up with the progress report.
This experience taught me the importance of being punctual and prepared for meetings. As the saying goes, “Time is money,” and being late or missing a meeting can have serious consequences. It’s important to plan ahead and factor in any possible delays or obstacles that may arise.
[feeling] In conclusion, missing that meeting was a valuable lesson for me. It taught me to be more mindful of my time and the impact that my actions can have on others.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting
- in charge of: phụ trách, chịu trách nhiệm
- let someone down: làm ai đó thất vọng
- push through: ép buộc
- in full swing: hoạt động ở mức độ cao nhất
- embarrassed and frustrated: xấu hổ và nản lòng
- catch up with: bắt kịp với
- serious consequences: hậu quả nghiêm trọng
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Time Management
Chủ đề Time Management trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Time Management.
Part 3 – Time Management
- Are you a punctual person?
- Do you think it is important to be on time?
- Do you always avoid being late?
- Why are people often late for meetings or appointments?
- Are people in your country often late for meetings?
- How can people manage their time better?
- Do you think people are born with time management skills or they can develop them?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Time Management
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. Are you a punctual person?
[Lead-in] I indeed am as I respect my time and others’ time
[Explain] It was something that was planted in me since a young age and I’ve had lessons where I missed out on opportunities that I could have gotten. From then on, punctuality is a certainty for me. I might be a bit strict, but I don’t deal with people who are not punctual as they don’t respect my time and their time as well
- missed out on opportunities: bỏ lỡ cơ hội
2. Do you think it is important to be on time?
[Lead-in] Being on time is crucial in various aspects of life, from personal to professional settings.
[Explain] Punctuality demonstrates a person’s reliability, professionalism, and respect for others’ time. In business, being on time enhances productivity and facilitates effective collaboration. It helps build trust among colleagues, clients, and stakeholders. Additionally, meeting deadlines ensures timely completion of projects and contributes to overall success. Being punctual also reflects good time management skills and organizational abilities. By valuing punctuality, individuals can create a positive impression and establish themselves as reliable individuals both personally and professionally.
- from personal to professional settings: từ các tình huống cá nhân đến các tình huống chuyên nghiệp.
- stakeholders: các bên liên quan
3. Do you always avoid being late?
[Lead-in] Punctuality is a highly valued trait in today’s fast-paced world. There are several reasons why I avoid being late.
[Explain] Firstly, it shows respect for others’ time and commitments. Being punctual demonstrates reliability and professionalism, making a positive impression on colleagues, clients, and superiors. Secondly, being on time allows for better planning and organization, reducing stress and ensuring smooth transitions between tasks or appointments. Additionally, punctuality reflects personal discipline and a strong work ethic, indicating dedication and responsibility. Ultimately, avoiding lateness fosters effective communication and teamwork while contributing to a positive work culture built on trust and accountability.
- ensuring smooth transitions between tasks or appointments: đảm bảo sự chuyển tiếp mượt mà giữa các nhiệm vụ hoặc cuộc hẹn
- strong work ethic: đạo đức lao động mạnh mẽ
4. Why are people often late for meetings or appointments?
[Lead-in] People are often late for various reasons, including poor time management, traffic congestion, unforeseen circumstances, and procrastination.
[Explain] Additionally, factors such as lack of motivation or prioritization can contribute to tardiness. In some cases, individuals may underestimate the time required for a task or encounter unexpected delays along the way. Furthermore, external factors like public transportation issues or personal emergencies can also cause delays. It is essential to address these reasons and implement effective strategies to promote punctuality and minimize lateness in order to enhance productivity and maintain professionalism.
- unforeseen circumstances: những tình huống không lường trước được
- implement effective strategies: thực hiện các chiến lược hiệu quả
5. Are people in your country often late for meetings?
[Lead-in] I believe yes as I have witnessed myself and people are also late for many different reasons
[Explain] One possible reason is traffic congestion, as cities in my country are known for their busy streets and limited infrastructure. Additionally, cultural factors such as a more relaxed attitude towards punctuality and a focus on socializing can contribute to tardiness. Moreover, personal obligations or unforeseen circumstances might also play a role in causing delays. It is important to understand these factors when working with or interacting with individuals to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- traffic congestion: tắc nghẽn giao thông
6. How can people manage their time better?
[Lead-in] Managing time effectively is crucial for productivity and success.
[Explain] To better manage your time, start by prioritizing tasks based on their importance and urgency. Set clear goals and break them down into smaller, manageable tasks. Avoid multitasking and instead focus on one task at a time to maintain concentration and efficiency. Eliminate distractions, such as unnecessary meetings or excessive use of social media. Delegate tasks when possible to lighten your workload. Finally, make use of productivity tools and techniques like time blocking or the Pomodoro Technique to stay organized and make the most of your valuable time.
- break them down into smaller: chia thành những phần nhỏ hơn
- eliminate distractions: giảm thiểu sự xao nhãng
- excessive use of social media: sử dụng mạng xã hội quá mức
- lighten your workload: giảm bớt khối lượng công việc
7. Do you think people are born with time management skills or they can develop them?
[Lead-in] Time management skill is not hereditary but rather created through learning and practice.
[Explain] While some individuals may naturally have a knack for organizing their time effectively, anyone can develop this skill with the right mindset and strategies. Time management involves setting priorities, creating schedules, and staying disciplined. By adopting effective habits such as goal-setting, prioritization, and eliminating distractions, anyone can improve their time management abilities and achieve greater productivity in their personal and professional lives.
- have a knack for: có năng khiếu về
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary về chủ đề Describe a time when you missed or were late for a meeting thuộc phần IELTS Speaking.
Hy vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu đã chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm đến từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+ để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Cuối cùng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, chúc bạn đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!