Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about là chủ đề nằm trong bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking 2023 Quý 3 Part 2&3 lần này – một chủ đề khá quen thuộc và dễ dàng bắt gặp trong kỳ thi. Để trả lời tốt phần thi này này, các bạn cần nắm rõ các từ vựng, cách phát triển ý tưởng sâu rộng và chính xác. Trong bài viết này, IPPEdu sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn bài mẫu, vocabulary, và chiến thuật trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2&3 cho chủ đề Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about.
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about
TOPIC: Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about.
You should say:
- when it was
- why you didn’t like it
- why you decided to watch it
and explain why you felt disappointed about it.
SAMPLE & IDEAS
[intro] Today, I want to talk about a movie that I recently watched and felt disappointed about. It’s a film that had garnered a lot of hype and anticipation, but unfortunately, it fell short of my expectations.
[what] The movie in question is “The Last Duel.” Despite its impressive cast and intriguing premise, the film failed to deliver on its promise of a thrilling and engaging story.
[why] Watching this movie was like the saying goes, “all sizzle and no steak.” It had all the makings of a great film, but it ultimately lacked substance and depth.
What was most disappointing about this movie was the missed opportunity to explore important themes and ideas. It’s like the old adage goes, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions,” and I believe that this film had good intentions, but it failed to execute them effectively.
[feeling] In conclusion, “The Last Duel” was a movie that left me feeling disappointed and underwhelmed. It’s like the saying goes, “you can’t judge a book by its cover,” and this film serves as a reminder that hype and anticipation don’t always translate into a great viewing experience.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about
- have garnered a lot of hype and anticipation: đã thu hút rất nhiều sự quan tâm và kỳ vọng
- fall short of my expectations: không đạt được sự mong đợi
- intriguing premise: tiền đề hấp dẫn
- fail to deliver: không thể đáp ứng được
- “all sizzle and no steak”: thất vọng vì thứ/ai đó bị phóng đại, không như kì vọng
- lacked substance and depth: thiếu nội dung và chiều sâu
- “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”: không thể thực hiện được điều tốt
- “you can’t judge a book by its cover”: đừng đánh giá qua vẻ bề ngoài
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Films
Chủ đề Films trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Films.
Part 3 – Films
- Do you believe movie reviews?
- What are the different types of films in Vietnam?
- Are historical films popular in Vietnam? Why?
- Do you think films with famous actors or actresses are more likely to become successful films?
- Why are Japanese animated films so popular?
- Should the director pay a lot of money to famous actors?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Films
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. Do you believe movie reviews?
[personal opinion] – Yes
I frequently refer to movie reviews for my cinematic choices.
Established film critics or reputable publications // a track record of providing insightful and unbiased reviews // critical analysis of the film // valuable insights into the technical aspects, storytelling, performances, and overall quality of a film // credible source of movie evaluation // an overview of the film’s strengths and weaknesses => gain a comprehensive understanding of a film’s merits => make an informed decision => a more satisfying movie-watching experience.
[personal opinion] – No
I don’t find move reviews a useful source of information.
Movie reviews should not be the sole factor in deciding whether to watch a film // subjective opinions based on the reviewer’s tastes, preferences, and biases // what one reviewer may enjoy or criticize about a film might not align with the preferences of the individual reading the review => I rely on personal judgment and compatibility with the my taste // I prefer having my own genre interests, the desire for individual discovery and interpretation of the film.
- cinematic choices: lựa chọn điện ảnh
- established film critics: nhà phê bình phim nổi tiếng
- a film’s merits: giá trị của bộ phim
2. What are the different types of films in Vietnam?
Vietnam’s film industry caters to various tastes and interests, and films are produced across different genres.
Historical films depicting significant events, eras, or figures from Vietnam’s history // educate and entertain viewers by bringing historical narratives to the screen // widely embraced by Vietnamese audiences // captivating viewers with heartwarming and sentimental storytelling // comedy films provide lighthearted entertainment // feature humorous situations, witty dialogues, and comedic performances // action films showcase thrilling stunts, fight sequences, and intense storytelling // feature elements of martial arts, adventure, and suspense // high-energy action and visual effects // dramas delve into deeper emotions, character development, and thought-provoking narratives // explore complex themes and human experiences => offering a more introspective and emotionally-driven movie-watching experience.
- historical narratives: câu chuyện lịch sử
- heartwarming and sentimental storytelling: câu chuyện ấm áp và đầy tình cảm
- lighthearted entertainment: giải trí nhẹ nhàng, vui vẻ
3. Are historical films popular in Vietnam? Why?
Absolutely! Historical films have a unique way of connecting audiences with their nation’s heritage and cultural identity.
Historical films provide a medium through which Vietnamese audiences can reconnect with their cultural roots and national history // serve as a means of educating and informing audiences about Vietnam’s history // bring historical narratives to life, making them more accessible and engaging // commemorate milestones, sacrifices, and achievements in Vietnam’s history // honor the struggles and contributions of past generations => create a deep emotional connection with audiences, fostering empathy and a sense of shared experiences.
The popularity of films can vary among individuals // some viewers may prefer other genres or contemporary narratives // younger generations are more drawn to romantic, K-drama series…..
- reconnect with their cultural roots: kết nối với nguồn gốc văn hóa
- commemorate milestones: tưởng nhớ các cột mốc quan trọng
4. Do you think films with famous actors or actresses are more likely to become successful films?
The presence of renowned actors and actresses in a film can significantly impact its reception and success.
Renowned actors or actresses often have a loyal fan base // established reputation and track record of delivering successful performances // exceptional acting skills and versatility // their performances can bring depth, authenticity, and believability to the characters they portray // bring visibility and recognition to a film // their popularity, charisma, and acting skills can enhance the film’s appeal and create anticipation among viewers => attract media attention, generate buzz, and create a higher level of awareness among potential viewers => draw a significant audience to the film and contribute to higher ticket sales.
Reputable casts alone do not guarantee the success of the film (underperformance // incompatible roles, mental state of acting,…) // depends on a combination of various factors, including the synergy between the cast, script, direction, and overall execution.
- renowned actors and actresses: diễn viên nam và nữ nổi tiếng
- loyal fan base: lượng fan hâm mộ trung thành
- generate buzz: tạo ra sự chú ý, tạo tiếng vang
5. Why are Japanese animated films so popular?
Yeah, we can easily see that Japanese has gained widespread appeal and success in recent years.
Anime is known for its distinctive visual style // vibrant colors, exaggerated features, and intricate details // the unique artistry distinguishes Japanese animated films from other forms of animation => visually appealing and memorable // cover a wide range of genres and narratives (fantasy, science fiction, romance, drama, and action,…) // offers diverse storytelling that can engage a broad spectrum of viewers // features well-developed and complex characters with psychological intricacies, and relatability // allowing audiences to form emotional connections with them /// present compelling and immersive storylines (thought-provoking, emotionally resonant, and filled with unexpected twists)
Japanese animated films have transcended cultural boundaries and gained a dedicated fan base worldwide => become an integral part of Japanese culture (fashion, music,…) => attract viewers and make them an influential force in the global animation industry.
- distinctive visual style: hình tượng phong cách khác biệt
- engage a broad spectrum of viewers: thu hút một đối tượng người xem rộng lớn
- transcended cultural boundaries: vượt qua các ranh giới văn hóa
6. Should the director pay a lot of money to famous actors?
[personal opinion] – Yes
Of course, renowned actors definitely should have something to gain for their popularity.
Famous actors often command higher salaries (established brand, wide recognition, and fan following,…) // bring a wealth of talent, experience, and skill to their roles // their performances can elevate the quality of the film and enhance the overall storytelling // attract attention, generate buzz, and potentially contribute to the film’s commercial success => a worthwhile investment for the director.
[personal opinion] – No
Nah, I don’t think movie directors should unreasonably finance famous actors too much.
Iis important to consider the film’s budget constraints // strike a balance between paying actors a fair compensation and managing the overall production costs // unnecessary involvement of renowned actors // the success of the film can still be achieved with other potential actors with more convincing acting skills // unpopular actors can still fulfill the same level of requirements for the film => unjustified to allocate a higher budget for their compensation.
- film’s budget constraints: hạn chế về ngân sách của bộ phim
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary về chủ đề Describe a movie you watched recently that you felt disappointed about thuộc phần IELTS Speaking.
Hy vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu đã chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm đến từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+ để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Cuối cùng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, chúc bạn đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!