Describe a job you would not like to have in the future – Sample IELTS Speaking part 2
Hãy cùng IPPEdu trao đổi về chủ đề IELTS Speaking Part 2 “Describe a job you would not like to have in the future.” Và nó không đơn giản là chỉ nói không thích là không thích, mà bạn còn phải nêu lên những đặc điểm gì trong công việc đó mà khiến bạn không muốn làm trong tương lai, và điều đặc biệt là bày tỏ quan điểm vì sao bạn lại không thích công việc đó.
What should you say?
- What the job is;
- What the job involves;
- And explain the reason why you do not like the job
Sample IELTS Speaking Part 2 “Describe a job you would not like to have in the future”
It is commonplace to ask what job you would like to do in the future but today might be a little bit different. I’m going to talk about a job that I would avert in my life and that is a politician. My father is a politician so the pros and cons of being a politician are as clear as day to me. It goes without saying that this job does enable us to have robust power at hand and to make a positive contribution to society. However, having weighed up the pros and cons, I think the trade-off does not justify.
One of those drawbacks is the temptation for power abuse and corrupt behavior. When moving up the career ladder of a politician, we have to confront a lot of evil desires like influence peddling for personal purposes and I don’t want to spoil myself with these immoral acts. Another factor stems from the interruption of my social life. Getting entangled in politics will make me have to be very cautious in making friends: whether our friends are true soulmates or just another faker to exploit my political power. And you know, who can like that kind of restrictive social life?
All these things make me think that I do not possess the employability for the job of a politician although my father really wants me to follow suit.
New vocab in Sample IELTS Speaking Part 2 “Describe a job you would not like to have in the future”
- Avert (v): to prevent something bad from happening
- The pros and cons (n): two sides of the problem
- As clear as day: very easy to understand; certain
- Something goes without saying: something is obviously true
- Robust power (collocation): having or exhibiting strength or vigorous health
- At hand: near in time or position
- Trade (something) off (n): to accept a disadvantage or bad feature in order to have something good
- Justify (v): to give or to be a good reason for
- Power abuse (n): the misuse of a position of power to take unjust advantage of individuals, organizations, or governments
- Move up the career ladder (collocation): advancing in your career
- Influence peddling (n): the use of position or political influence on someone’s behalf in exchange for money or favors
- Stem from something (v): to start or develop as the result of something
- Entangled in/with something/someone: involved with something or someone in a way that makes it difficult to escape
- Employability (n): the skills and abilities that allow you to be employed
- Follow suit (v): to do the same thing
Bài viết trên đã giúp các bạn có nhiều ý tưởng để lập dàn ý riêng mình với bài mẫu chi tiết với nguồn từ vựng cho bài IELTS Speaking Part 2 dạng “Describe a job you would not like to have in the future” này. Ngoài ra, các bạn vẫn có thể tham khảo các khóa học luyện thi IELTS Speaking tại IPPEdu để nâng cao trình độ của mình và nắm trọn các cách học IELTS Speaking hiệu quả hơn.
Xem thêm: Tổng quan các khóa học tại IPPEdu
Theo dõi fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS