Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember – IELTS Speaking Part 2&3
Hiểu được nỗi lo lắng của các thí sinh khi dự thi IELTS Speaking – một phần thi khá khó “nhằn” đối với nhiều bạn, lần này IPPEdu sẽ giúp bạn chủ đề Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember trong bộ Forecast IELTS Speaking 2023 Quý 3.Trong bài viết này, IPPEdu sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn bài mẫu hướng dẫn cụ thể về cách trả lời IELTS Speaking Part 2&3 chủ đề Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember, cũng như giới thiệu một số từ vựng hữu ích và ghi điểm cao trong phần thi này nhé!
1. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample & Ideas: Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember
TOPIC: Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember.
You should say:
- what happened
- when and where it happened
- who you were with
and explain why it was a happy experience.
SAMPLE & IDEAS
One of the experiences that leaves a lasting memory on me is the time when I first stepped into my primary school
[when] It was the day prior to it that I heard a lot of good things about my first time going to school and I was as happy as a clam that it was going to happen. I was so eager to see my friends but little did I know I would go through something I will never forget.
[how] I made a mistake on my first day wearing the wrong color uniform. The moment I went through the gate, I recognized that but it was too late to go back home to change clothes. That morning, I felt like a fish out of water and reserved in my own shell under the glare of other children.
I was actually saved by a teacher of mine who later stated in her speech before class that any children are equally loved no matter who they are or what they wear. She did not directly hold me up but just lifted me like a hero. I was on cloud nine hearing that! From that on, my classmates were more friendly towards me, one even gave me a candy after knowing that I had a sweet tooth.
[feeling] This experience was particularly happy for me due to the cleverness of the teacher that saved my face and the rollercoaster of emotions that I’ve been through
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 Vocabulary Highlights: Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember
- leave a lasting memory: để lại kỷ niệm khó quên
- step into something: bước vào
- happy as a clam: rất vui vẻ, sung sướng
- be eager to do something: háo hức để làm điều gì đó
- made a mistake: mắc lỗi
- a fish out of water: cảm giác lạ lẫm, không thoải mái
- reserve in my own shell: kín đáo, dè dặt
- hold me up: ủng hộ
- on cloud nine: cảm giác vô cùng hạnh phúc, sung sướng
- a sweet tooth: thích ăn đồ ngọt, hay ăn đồ ăn ngọt
- rollercoaster of emotions: cảm xúc biến đổi phức tạp
3. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions: Memory
Chủ đề Memory trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 yêu cầu bạn phát triển ý kiến của mình và giải thích một cách rõ ràng. Hãy mở đầu bằng việc giới thiệu (lead-in), sau đó chia sẻ quan điểm cá nhân và tiếp theo là giải thích và đưa ra lý do (explanation). Bằng cách phát triển câu trả lời và giải thích một cách rõ ràng, bạn sẽ tự tin trình bày và ghi điểm cao trong IELTS Speaking Part 3 với chủ đề Memory
Part 3 – Memory
- Do you think children should have a lot of toys?
- What kinds of things do people need to remember nowadays?
- What do you think we shouldn’t forget?
- Why do some people remember more of their childhood than others?
- What can people do to improve their memory?
- What is your earliest memory that you can still remember now?
4. IELTS Speaking Part 3 Sample & Ideas: Memory
SAMPLE & IDEAS
1. Why do you think some people have a better memory than others?
[Lead-in] In the realm of memory, it’s no secret that some people simply have a knack for retaining information more effortlessly than others
[Explain] Partly, it is an inherent talent, but I believe some can also improve their memory with practice and the right techniques. Some have been able to explore the intricacies of human memory, delve into the factors that contribute to individual differences in memory capabilities, and examine strategies that can aid in enhancing memory function.
- have a knack for: có năng khiếu, tài năng
- an inherent talent: tài năng bẩm sinh
- the intricacies of human memory: sự phức tạp trong bộ nhớ con người
- delve into something: khám phá sâu hơn về cái gì đó
2. What kinds of things do people need to remember nowadays?
[Lead-in] I believe there are several important things that people need to remember in order to navigate through life successfully in today’s fast-paced and ever-changing world
[Explain] From prioritizing self-care to staying informed about current events, these reminders can help individuals lead fulfilling and meaningful lives. Additionally, keeping technology usage in check and practicing empathy towards others are also crucial aspects to consider in our modern society. By incorporating these reminders into our daily routines, we can better adapt and thrive in the contemporary landscape.
- today’s fast-paced and ever-changing world: thế giới ngày nay với tốc độ nhanh và thay đổi không ngừng
- keep something in check: cản trở, kìm hãm
3. What do you think we shouldn’t forget?
[Lead-in] Well, in today’s busy lives and demanding schedules, we usually lose sight of the closest to us all, our family
[Explain] Our loved ones are the pillars of support, providing us with love, comfort, and a sense of belonging. However, it is all too easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget the significance of family in our lives.
In this section, we will explore why we should not forget the importance of family and offer some practical strategies for nurturing and strengthening those precious bonds. Whether it’s through spending quality time together or showing appreciation for one another, investing in our family relationships has numerous benefits for both ourselves and our loved ones
- lose sight of: lãng quên, không còn nhìn thấy ai/cái gì do khoảng cách địa lý hoặc có điều ngăn cách
- get caught up in something: bị liên quan, dính líu đến cái gì
4. Why do some people remember more of their childhood than others?
[Lead-in] Some individuals may possess stronger and more vivid memories of their early years compared to others for many reasons but mostly their family
[Explain] A nurturing and supportive family setting fosters positive experiences, which in turn may contribute to better memory recall in adulthood. On the other hand, adverse family conditions such as neglect or trauma can impact memory formation and retrieval. Additionally, the level of engagement and interaction within a family also plays a crucial role. Regular conversations, shared activities, and bonding moments create opportunities for memorable experiences that are more likely to be retained over time
- adverse family conditions: điều kiện gia đình bất lợi, khó khăn hoặc tiêu cực
- memory formation and retrieval: quá trình hình thành và truy xuất ký ức
5. What can people do to improve their memory?
[Lead-in] I believe there are various practices and techniques people can turn to to enhance their memory
[Explain] One particularly effective avenue that people often explore is through familial connections. The bond between family members can serve as a valuable resource for improving memory and cognitive function. By engaging in activities and fostering relationships within the family unit, individuals can create a nurturing environment that supports mental acuity and retention of information. Though I believe that many are still unaware of this amazing technique
- mental acuity: khả năng tư duy
6. What is your earliest memory that you can still remember now?
[Lead-in] Wow, never been asked this question before ever, but If I were to remember, it would be a fragment of my first time hanging out with my grandparents
[Explain] I cannot remember the whole story but can recollect the climax of it when we were visiting the fish shop at a flea market. Part of why it leaves a lasting impression on me lies in my unchanging fondness for fishies. Another part is the love and care and the sense of belonging from my grandparents. Though my grandad is still with me now, he is no longer as quick and sharp as he used to be which is a bit heart-broking to me
- a flea market: chợ trời
- heart-broking: tan nát, thất vọng
Trên đây là Sample & Vocabulary về chủ đề Describe a happy experience from your childhood that you remember thuộc phần IELTS Speaking.
Hy vọng rằng, những hướng dẫn và kiến thức mà IPPEdu đã chia sẻ sẽ giúp bạn nâng cao kỹ năng và tự tin hơn khi tham gia phần thi IELTS Speaking. Đừng quên thường xuyên ghé thăm IPPEdu và tham khảo tài liệu, kinh nghiệm đến từ những giáo viên với IELTS 8.0+ để có những chiến thuật học tập hiệu quả nhất. Cuối cùng, thông qua việc học tập và luyện tập chăm chỉ, chúc bạn đạt được số điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới!
Để biết được trình độ của mình đang ở level nào thì bạn có thể tham gia Test miễn phí tại IPPEdu nhé!
Theo dõi ngay fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS để nhận được thêm những nội dung hấp dẫn bạn nhé!