[SAMPLE SPEAKING PART 2] – DESCRIBE A TIME WHEN SOMEONE APOLOGIZED TO YOU
[SAMPLE SPEAKING PART 2] – DESCRIBE A TIME WHEN SOMEONE APOLOGIZED TO YOU 💦
👉🏻 Thuộc nhóm chủ đề ”describe an experience” (miêu tả một trải nghiệm), bài nói của chúng ta sẽ trở nên hấp dẫn và chân thật hơn rất nhiều nếu chúng ta biết cách đưa câu chuyện cá nhân của mình vào bài thi. 🧐
👌🏻 Cùng IPP đến với bài mẫu dưới đây và theo dõi trải nghiệm đổi hàng qua Lazada của IPP mentor và đừng quên lưu lại những từ vựng hay để học dần bạn nhé!
Table of contents
1. PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ SPEAKING PART 2
Describe a time when someone apologized to you.
You should say:
- When it was
- Who this person is
- Why he or she apologized to you
- And explain how you felt about it
Ý TƯỞNG BÀI SPEAKING PART 2
|Thông tin bối cảnh||
Mua quà Giáng Sinh cho mẹ nhưng người bán hàng gửi nhầm size.
Món quà: dép bông đi trong nhà
Nơi mua: Lazada, nhà bán hàng quốc tế
|Cách giải quyết||Liên lạc với nhà bán hàng, nhận lời xin lỗi, nhà bán hàng gửi lại món hàng món hàng đúng size và phiếu giảm giá|
2. Take note trong 1 phút
a. Setting (who, how, when, where)
- Time: Last Christmas
- How: wrong size of an item bought online
- Who: the shop owner
- Christmas time last year
- Shopped online for mom’s present, which was a pair of fuzzy slippers
- Received the wrong size – baby size
- Laughed at by mom
- Contacted the seller and received apology with solutions (got the right size and a discount coupon)
3. BÀI MẪU SPEAKING PART 2
I had quite a laughable experience when I shopped for my mom’s Christmas gift last year. I ordered a pair of fuzzy slippers my mom’s size, but when the parcel arrived, it turned out to be ones of a child’s size.
I stumbled upon the pair when I was scrolling through the gift section of Lazada and quickly made an order. They were in velvet shade, with a cross-band and open-toe design that looked fashionable and elegant.
They were advertised as “ergonomic pillows under your feet” and would not make one skid on the wooden floor, particularly suitable for my mom who usually walks round and about inside our 4-level home. I thought it would be a perfect gift for my mom. What’s more, I made a bargain because they were also on sale.
After a few days, my parcel was delivered, and I was super delighted. Then to my disbelief, lying in the box were a pair of baby-sized fuzzy slippers.
My feeling at that moment was, needless to say, a bit of a shock. The next thing that happened was I heard my mom burst into laughter. Even though she wouldn’t think I made the wrong order on purpose, the cute baby-sized slippers were still quite an amusing scene to look at to her. She even mocked me while trying them on, but they only fit her two fingers.
After getting over the moment of disbelief mixed with a sense of embarrassment, I contacted the seller to make a return or exchange. I was actually a bit hesitant to do so at first because the shop wasn’t in Vietnam, which means the procedure might be complex. It turned out it wasn’t at all. All I needed to do was, first, talk to the owner of the shop via the customer support section. She politely asked me to send her pictures of the faulty items so that she could verify. As soon as everything had been checked, I immediately received an apology.
Not just so, she then offered me compensation for her shop’s mistake.
The correct size of the slippers would be sent to me plus a discount coupon of 30% of the total bill for my next purchase. Once everything had been settled, she apologised again and wished me a merry Christmas.
I found the way the shop owner handled the situation was prompt and professional. I did come back to the shop to buy more things with the coupon. My mom then also got her correct-sized fuzzy slippers, and she said it had been the most comfortable ones she had ever worn, just as what was advertised.
4. TỪ VỰNG ĐÃ DÙNG TRONG BÀI SPEAKING PART 2
• laughable (adj): buồn cười
• fuzzy slippers (n): dép bông đi trong nhà
• parcel (n): món quà
• in velvet shade (phrase): có màu đỏ nhung
• cross-band (adj): quai ngang open-toe (adj): hở mũi chân
• ergonomic pillow (adj): gối xốp tự điều chỉnh
• walk round and about (phrase): đi lại xung quanh
• make a bargain (phrase): mua được với giá hời
• to someone’s disbelief (phrase): trước sự bất ngờ của ai đó
• needless to say (phrase): không cần phải nói ra
• burst into laughter (phrase): bật cười
• Amusing (adj): buồn cười (syn. laughable)
• a sense of embarrassment (phrase): cảm giác xấu hổ
• hesitant (adj): e dè
• verify (v): xác nhận
• not just so (phrase): không chỉ vậy
• compensation (n): đền bù
• prompt (adj): kịp thời
Xem thêm: Bí Kíp Làm Chủ Dạng Short-Answer Question Trong IELTS Listening
Theo dõi Fanpage: IPP IELTS – A Holistic Approach to IELTS